The Portland Chapter will be awarding $2,000 in scholarships to local students for the 2017-2018 academic year. If you know any participants meeting the eligibility requirements below, that are studying in a construction related field, please let them know this scholarship is available. Applications can be completed at http://nfsf.nawic.org. The deadline to apply is February 28th, 2017.
2017 NAWIC Founder’s Scholarship Foundation Award - Undergraduate Scholarship: $1,500
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a construction-related degree program at a school in the United States and must have a least one term remaining in a course of study leading to a degree or an associate degree in a construction-related field. High school seniors are not eligible.
- Applicant must desire a career in a construction-related field.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time.
- Applicant must have a current cumulative GPA or 3.0 or higher to be considered for awards
2017 NAWIC Founder’s Scholarship Foundation Award - Construction Trades Scholarship: $500
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in a construction-related training program which is approved by the Bureau of Apprenticeship Training, community college, technical school or equivalent.
- Applicant must be obtaining training in a construction-related craft or trade.