March into spring this month and also into Women In Construcon (WIC) week from March 6th through the 12th.
Did you know that women make up just 2.6 percent of all employees in construction jobs? WIC week is designed to increase the visibility of women working in the construcon industry, share our passion and encourage others to join the construction industry and NAWIC.
Here are a couple of ways you can help promote WIC week:
- Obtain a WIC Week poster from Marilyn Morrison and post at your job site or office.
- Post the Governor’s Proclamation of WIC week (included in this newsletter).
- Talk to your network of professionals about NAWIC.
- Organize an activity or tour at your workplace to celebrate and promote women in the industry.
- Keep doing what you are doing and leading by example as a woman in the construction industry!
The March meeting on the 17th is an exciting program with two members of CREW (Women in Commercial Real Estate) presenting on Tenant Improvements: Design through Construction. This will be a very informative, educational meeting and one you won’t want to miss.