This course will cover some of the basic principles of specification organization, language, procedures, general requirements and roles and responsiblities. This course is appropriate for any member of the AEC industry (Architect, Engineer, Contractor, Product Representative, Owner, etc.) who would like a better understanding of specifications and their role in the project delivery process as well as basic procedures to avoid conflicts. You will receive 1 LU of AIA continuing education.
Basic Learning Objectives:
- Understand the anatomy of a specifications.
- Understand the role of the General Conditions, Supplementary Conditions and Basic Requirements and how they affect individual specification sections.
- Understand some of the basic principles and procedures of specification writing and language.
- Understand some of the most common areas of conflict in specifications and how to avoid them.
Cost (This Event is for People 21 years and Older)
- CSI Members $10
- Non-Members $10
- Students $5
- 5:30 PM - Check in, enjoy beer & pizza
- 6:00 PM - Presentation
- 7:15 PM - Q&A