Position Title: Accounting Accountant
Company Name: Porter W. Yett Company
Position Location: Portland, OR, 5949 NE Cully Blv.d, Portland, OR 97218 United States
Company Website: http://www.porteryett.com
Position Description: Porter W Yett Company, Inc., an asphalt and road construction contractor located in Portland, OR, has an immediate opening for a full time Accounting Accountant.
- GENERAL LEDGER: responsible for maintenance, reconciliation and/or review of certain balance sheet accounts, such as Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets, Depreciation, and W-I-P; journal entry preparation and posting; responsible for monthly and year-end closing procedures; responsible for installing software updates
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: prepare monthly financial statements and supporting schedules; distribute to owner, division managers, CPA, and bankers
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: full knowledge of invoicing process; mail invoices to customers; payment posting for all divisions; reconcile to general ledger; reconcile payments to monthly bank statement; distribute reports to division managers and owner; process credit applications; customer statements; lien rights and releases
- PAYROLL: review weekly construction timesheets for construction crews, verify jobs, phases, and wage rates
- JOB COSTING AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT: setup jobs, phases, and wage rates; prepare W-I-P reports and schedules; reconcile to general ledger; distribute reports to management
- FIXED ASSETS: setup new equipment in Viewpoint Equipment Management database; update Excel spreadsheet with additions and deletions; reconcile purchases and depreciation to general ledger accounts; submit reports to CPA
- EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE: update revenue rates; setup new equipment cost codes; distribute equipment cost code list to divisions; prepare and post equipment usage weekly
- EXCISE TAXES: prepare and submit monthly Excise Tax Report to State of Washington
- YEAR-END: prepare schedules and support documentation for general ledger year-end close and for income tax return purposes
Porter W. Yett Company is an equal opportunity employer.
4+ years of overall accounting experience, 4-year degree preferred, general ledger reconciliations, financial statement preparation. Experience with construction industry accounting software, i.e. Viewpoint, is preferred. Proficiency with Excel and Word. Ability to work within a team, meet deadlines and generate reports. Work independently and be a self-starter.
Salary Range: DOE
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holidays, 401(K) plan
- Compensation: DOE
- Full time salary position
How to Apply: Please respond with a cover letter, resume and salary requirements/history to email@example.com
Contact Name: Wende De La Zerda
Contact Phone: (503) 282-3251