Position Title: Senior Estimator
Company Name: Walsh Construction Co.
Position Location: 2905 SW 1st Avenue, Portland, OR 97201 United States
Company Website: http://www.walshconstruction.com
Position Description: As employees of WALSH Construction Co., we are builders. We are made up of a diverse group of individuals who are committed to building in the communities in which we live and work.
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Estimator who will bring a thorough working knowledge of wood frame and concrete multi-family and commercial construction as related to all disciplines and phases of construction. This individual will have 10 years of industry experience in various types and phases of new construction and rehabilitation, including concrete, masonry, steel, wood frame, MEP systems exterior and interior finishes.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing quantity take-offs, pricing, scoping and bidding of construction projects.
- Soliciting and developing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Pricing subcontractor, supplier and self-performed scopes of work.
- Assessing site exposures/construction risks to appropriately analyze, cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Assisting in material selection, bid strategy, and estimate presentation.
- Identifying constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Identifying value-engineering alternatives.
- Leading the project team through the estimating process on select projects.
- Executing accurate, detailed and complete conceptual, preliminary contract and final estimates.
- Producing accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Producing detailed final contract estimates.
- Reviewing estimates with project managers, superintendents and other estimators.
- Tracking and documenting historical data for future use.
Position Requirements: You are qualified if:
- You possess a four-year degree in building science, construction management or engineering, preferred; or equivalent experience.
- You possess ten years of experience in the construction industry, with a minimum of five years field experience, preferred.
- You are a self-motivated, self-starter, who demonstrates the ability to manage time effectively.
- You are a life-long learner looking to grow your knowledge and skills.
- You are able to work with Owners, Architects, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and WALSH Project Managers.
- You are highly organized, efficient, detail oriented and accurate.
- You possess strong leadership, communication and people skills.
- You have strong computer skills in Excel, Project, Outlook, Word, Databases and estimating programs.
- You are able to read and interpret drawings.
- You possess the ability to communicate technical information in writing.
- You are capable of synthesizing cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate.
- You possess the ability to anticipate and account for potential quality, safety, productivity and schedule implications in the production of the estimate.
Walsh Construction Co. values our diverse communities and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. WALSH recruits, hires, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans' status, mental or physical disability, genetic information or any other legally protected status unrelated to a particular job's requirements or an individual's performance and qualifications.
Salary Range: DOE
Benefits: Walsh Construction Co. offers a very rich benefits package where employees have choices in their health and well being, In addition to medical, dental, and vision - WALSH offers reimbursement for gym memberships, a generous PTO policy, a strong bonus program, 401K and Roth IRA, an Employee Assistance Program and more.
Contact Name: Sarah Eubanks
Contact Phone: (503) 219-2923