Location: Vancouver, Washington
Position Purpose: To provide Human Resources services and support to Farwest management and employees.
- Provide support to local management/supervisory group on all aspects of human capital issues – business strategy, manpower planning, performance management, organization design, etc.
- Serve as employee advocate and coach by being accessible to employees and by maintaining relationships with employees.
- Supports Departments in staffing process for external and internal placements and promotions. Post job openings, update job descriptions, screen applicants, interview, check qualifications and references, implement Fit for Work procedures, on-boarding programs and training.
- Participate in various HR Projects such as compensation, training, employee development, benefit planning/rollout, etc.
- Monitor changes in HR laws, regulations and procedures and coordinate with rest of HR team to ensure that policies, procedures and processes are in legal compliance. Train supervisory staff as appropriate. Stay current with best HR practices.
- Benefits administration and protected leave (FMLA, ADA, OFLA, USSERA, etc.) correspondences and tracking.
- Under direction of HR Director, conduct investigations (formal and informal) of employee complaints, sexual harassment claims, discrimination, etc.
- Minimum of three to five years in the Human Resource field in a generalist role
- Experience in staffing - recruiting, interviewing and hiring
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is in compliance with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent writing abilities
- Self-starter and ability to work independently in plant environment
Interested candidates should fill out an internal job interest form and give to Juniper Thompson in the Eugene office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.